How to Apply
If you wish to apply for admission, the only way is to register your child and follow the procedure. Note that registrations will open on 1st March, 2018.
- Fill in a computer form at the school reception. It will be open from 1st March 2018 onwards. You will be issued a printed copy, as well as the instructions regarding the documents to be provided, and the registration fee bill to be deposited at the bank.
- You will later be given an appointment with our Office Manager, so as to complete the registration formalities.
- Your child will be called for the test in the month of April. Unlike admission tests commonly given in other schools, the objective of our assessment process is not to ‘measure’ the knowledge of the students, which cannot be done in a few hours, but to evaluate the aptitude of the candidates to learn new skills and concepts, and how they interact with adults and peers in an appropriate manner. Therefore, there is no specific ‘training’ to be given to the students in order to be well prepared.
- PRIOR TO THE ADMISSION TEST DAY, A READING TEXT AND A RESOURCE ABOUT SOME PRELIMINARY MATHEMATICAL SKILLS AND CONCEPTS, SHALL BE ISSUED TO THE CANDIDATES.
- STUDENTS WILL BE EXPECTED TO GO THROUGH THIS MATERIAL BEFORE ATTENDING THE CLASSROOM ACTIVITIES TO BE HELD DURING THE TEST SESSION.
- On the admission test day, all candidates shall be grouped class wise, to engage in various activities pertaining to English language and Mathematics. These activities shall be based on the material already issued to the candidates. The classes will be conducted by our teachers and coordinators, using interactive teaching methods.
- In the first phase, students will be observed, during the class activity, by the School Administration, so as to determine their degree of participation, confidence and interaction with other students. We expect students to give appropriate responses, while being mindful of others’ participation.
- In the second phase, after taking a break, the candidates shall be individually assessed in the form of a written test related to the skills and concepts taught during the activity phase.
- Both the phases of the assessment, i.e. the written performance as well as the classroom participation of the candidates, shall carry the same weight; therefore, top scorers shall be those who participate actively in the classroom activities and also show on their answer scripts a complete understanding of the skills and concepts taught during the activity phase.
- Being given admission is not simply a question of passing the test. It means that the student has managed to secure marks in the top bracket scores. It also means that many students whose performance could be considered good by most standards, would still not be given admission due to the shortage of seats.