How to Apply
If you wish to apply for the admission test, you should register your child and follow the procedure. Note that registrations will open on 1st March, 2019.
- Fill in a computer form at the school reception. It will be open from 1st March 2019 onwards. You will be issued a printed copy, as well as instructions regarding the documents to be provided, and the registration fee bill to be deposited at the bank.
- You will later be given an appointment with our Office Manager, to complete the registration formalities.
- Your child will be called for the test in the month of April, according to the schedule which shall be given to you on the day of the registration.
- Unlike admission tests commonly given in other schools, the objective of our assessment process is not to ‘measure’ the knowledge of the students, which cannot be done in a few hours, but to evaluate the aptitude of the candidates to learn new skills and concepts, and whether they interact with adults and peers in an appropriate manner. Therefore, there is no specific ‘training’ to be given to the students in order to be well prepared.
- PRIOR TO THE TEST DAY, A READING TEXT AND A RESOURCE ABOUT SOME PRELIMINARY MATHEMATICAL SKILLS AND CONCEPTS, SHALL BE ISSUED TO THE CANDIDATES.
- STUDENTS WILL BE EXPECTED TO GO THROUGH THIS MATERIAL BEFORE ATTENDING THE CLASSROOM ACTIVITIES TO BE HELD DURING THE TEST SESSION.
- On the assessment day, all candidates shall be grouped class wise, to engage in various group activities pertaining to English language and Mathematics. These activities shall be based on the material already issued to the candidates. The classes will be conducted by our teachers and coordinators, using interactive teaching methods.
- In the first phase, students will be observed, during the class activity, by the School Administration, so as to determine their degree of participation, confidence and interaction with other students. We expect students to give appropriate responses, while being mindful and respectful of others’ participation.
- In the second phase, after taking a break, the candidates shall be individually assessed in the form of a written test related to the skills and concepts taught during the activity phase.
- Both phases of the assessment, i.e. the written performance as well as the classroom participation of the candidates, shall carry the same weight; therefore, top scorers shall be those who participate actively in the classroom activities and also show on their answer scripts a complete understanding of the skills and concepts taught during the activity phase.
- Due to the specific nature of the tests, where all students of the same level have to be assessed altogether at the same time, we cannot arrange any extra session ‘on request’.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.